Despite the pandemic, the beaches of Mexico have shown acceptable occupancy numbers that intend to grow for next summer, not only with the national market but also with the international market that once the advances in vaccination made a reality, there will be a much greater travel intention.
Considering the expectation that in summer it could be safer to travel, Mexicans will take advantage of the hottest months of summer to go to the most sought-after beaches in the country, Booking.com reported.
The searches were conducted during January with the expectation of traveling between June and September of this year.
1. Acapulco, Guerrero: due to its proximity to Mexico City and its metropolitan area, it is the favorite beach for trips with family and friends. It is a destination that offers variety in its beaches, activities, and gastronomy. From eating in the gourmet restaurant to something more traditional on the beach.
2. Cancun, Quintana Roo: it is a destination where families, couples, or groups of friends travel, due to the diversity of activities on offer: aquatic, adventure, nature, wellness, among others.
3. Mazatlán, Sinaloa: in addition to its beaches, walks along its boardwalks and squares offer an option to spend the afternoon and watch the sunset that paints the sky in different shades.
4. Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo: it is a multicultural destination, where bars, restaurants, galleries, and boutiques make a stay that can be combined with enjoying its beaches and visiting a large number of cenotes.
5. Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco: a destination that blends tradition, nature, and modernity is a must to enjoy the summer. Walkthrough the downtown area and along the boardwalk. Towards the south, you can snorkel or go to the romantic zone in Olas Altas.
One piece of information that Booking.com specified was that the information it issued is only about searches, not reservations in hotels or destinations.